We're looking for a self-motivated and experienced sewing technician! This position is part-time (beginning with one day a week, with the potential to move to four days a week within the next three months). Our sewing techs work in our downtown Raleigh studio.
What you'll be doing:
- Assembling 4-9 garments daily
- Helping to design and develop new styles
- Helping to grade patterns (previous experience not required) and transfer them to tagboard
- Helping to cut individual garments (previous experience not required)
- Managing sewing inventory
What you'll bring to the team:
- The ideal candidate will have at least 5 years of experience with sewing garments, and at least 1 year of experience with sewing using industrial machines.
- Must be self-motivated with a can do attitude
- Experience with grading and cutting is a plus, but not required
- Compensation is $18-$26/hr based on skill
- Employee must work at our downtown Raleigh studio. This is not a remote position
- There will be a three week paid training period to assess skill level and to confirm that the candidate is an ideal fit
- Hours are very flexible! After the training period, employee may choose weekdays and times that are best for them
- We are an equal opportunity employer, and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply
To apply, fill out the below form with your name, email, and some information about you and your previous work experience. We'll get back to you within one week if we think that you may be the right person for the job!